12 August 2009

Accidents Happen

Benjamin had his first official accident that required a doctor's visit. After lunch he was skating around the kitchen in his socks a little too fast, lost his balance, and slid into a chair. He yelped in pain and since he has a tendency to be overdramatic I didn't rush to his side until Michael exclaimed, "He's bleeding!" Upon further inspection, it was determined that Benjamin had split his chin open and would need stitches. Thus, we ended up spending almost two hours at the instacare facility to have four stitches put in his chin.

7 comments:

BECKY said...

Oh no! I hope it heals up perfectly!

Margot said...

Poor Benjamin! Is he okay?

Charlynn said...

Benjamin is doing okay. Once we got past the numbing needle he did a fantastic job holding still and listening to the doctor. Now he is back to his rambunctious self.

LeBaron Family said...

Oh no! I'm glad that he's doing okay! Taking children to get stitches is no fun! I haven't had to do it yet, (knock on wood) but I've always been the one assisting the doctor and helping out.

Scott and Amme said...

Ouch! He is definately Taylor and Carter's cousin. They love to skate in their socks too.

Daneece Hernandez, founder of Principle Based Happiness said...

Do you have a good supply of steri strips? We've put alot of chins back together that way, and foreheads too.

Daneece Hernandez, founder of Principle Based Happiness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.