02 December 2009

I Survived Swine Flu

Last week I caught the strain of Swine Flu that has been going around our neighborhood, just in time to travel to New Mexico for Thanksgiving. It started with chills and aches with a small sore throat. Then I it switched over to a fever that alternated between sweating and shaking, and of course fatigue. After that my sore throat worsened to the point that it was extremely painful to swallow. And last, but not least, I had a headache that felt like I had barbed wire wrapped around my brain inside my skull. It was painful to say the least, but thankfully I am better now.

I am grateful to my family for taking care of my children and helping my husband have fun over Thanksgiving while I spent the better part of three days in bed, in pain. I am also thankful for the power of the Priesthood that has been restored to this earth because I truly believe that without the blessing I received through my husband and brother the pain would have last much longer and I would have ended up in the hospital. I am glad that I survived and hope I can now recover my strength so as not to have a relapse.

1 comment:

BECKY said...

I hope it's totally gone! Glad you're feeling better.