29 July 2010

Mommy made an Oops!


Today I sent the kids out to play in the backyard while I put together dinner, and I was quite surprised to hear so much giggling coming from the backyard so close to 5 o'clock. Usually that time of day equals much fighting and screaming. So I went to look and was about to scold Benjamin for dumping out the bubble solution when I noticed that he was soaking wet. Then I start looking around the yard for Bekah and the hose that I am sure is responsible for soaking my child and I spot Bekah, in the pool, fully clothed as well.
Oops! It was so funny to realize that I had forgotten about the pool when I sent the kids out to play that I felt that it served me right to have to soaking wet children having a blast being wet in the backyard. I guess we will be putting on pj's early tonight.
The funnier part about this is that my sister, Mary, and I did something similar to my mom when we were about the same age. My mom even has pictures of us sitting in a wading pool, fully clothed and soaking wet when we were suppose to be taking a nap. I guess what goes around comes around.