06 July 2011

A Cricket in the House

I am sitting at my computer, working on my morning routine, and I hear a cricket. I heard it all day yesterday and I am hearing it again today. It must be in the house or one of the window screens because I don't recall crickets liking the 90 degree heat of the day.

I have about a million things to do, as usual, and I am sitting here enjoying the sound of a cricket and my children interacting nicely with each other. Yesterday I was able to do some deep cleaning in my kitchen, but the most important things I was able to do included holding my baby and working with my big kiddos to clean the kitchen, pantry, and fridge.

I think I will continue to listen to the cricket for a bit longer and not be so worried about completing my chores because they will still be there later, tomorrow, and even next week. Life continues to move forward.

No comments: