06 September 2013

Count Your Blessings

I recently started working part time in a volunteer capacity (one of those unpaid positions that gives you more experience than you bargained for). I had no idea what I was in for when I agreed to do it. However, despite some intense growing pains it has been very good for our family and I have experienced some blessings along the way.
  • My husband is more involved in helping me do the shuffle to get everything and everyone out the door to practices and games. (Bekah is in soccer and Benjamin is in football. No, I didn't plan it that way. Things came together like that in the end.)
  • I have learned the value of prayer to help sooth my anxiety and give me strength to complete the tasks I need to.
  • I have received courage to talk to people I would normally be terrified to talk to.
  • I am learning how to stand up for myself in a confident and kind way.
  • I am learning to let things people say and do not bother me in a way that will make me hold it against them. Not a simple thing when it is easier to let things fester and hold a grudge.
  • The important document I need for each game, I printed enough copies for the regular season before my printer stopped working.
  • People are actually helping when I least expect it.
  • I still find time to take care of my house and children.

No comments: