29 September 2014

Card Trick Quilt


Last year, as we were coming to the conclusion of our tenth year of marriage we came to the realization that some things only have about a ten year life span. One of those things, sadly, was the quilt I made before we were married and saved to use when that time came.

The quilt I had made was a little threadbare and so I decided it was time to make a new one. Michael went to the fabric store so we could pick out fabric together, and I spent a few months making this quilt in a new and challenging pattern called "the card trick." The interlocking squares give the pattern its name because it looks like cards fanned out or overlapped. Thankfully, I was able to find a post online by someone who had made squares the size I wanted to make so I didn't have to do all of the math myself. If you look closely (which technically you can't because I don't have a super close picture) each solid colored "square" is actually made up of three triangles. Each "card trick" is a series of triangles put together to make squares which is challenging yet gratifying when complete.

Now we have a new quilt for our bed and I have developed a new talent. I love projects that turn out that way!

No comments: