

I say a few because we have over 20 in our neighborhood, and this is the 2nd bus stop.

Today was the first day of school for our handsome little man. He has been waiting for this day for so long that he was up and dressed for the day by 7:15 this morning. We headed to the bus stop and found a whole gaggle of anxious Kindergarteners and their moms waiting for the bus. Benjamin was one of the first to board the bus and didn't even say good-bye, not that I am surprised by this at all given that he usually responds this way when we take him and drop him off somewhere.
I didn't even shed a tear because I know how confident and capable our little guy is, and that he is very prepared for this new change in his life. My biggest concern with Benjamin was if he would make it home on the right bus. Bekah, on the other hand, may be a little more challenging. I was afraid she would not cooperate to get out the door on time to walk the 5 houses to the bus stop. I needn't have worried this morning because she was so excited to see Benjamin go to school that she almost beat him to the bus stop. We will see how the rest of the school year goes, especially after baby brother arrives next month.
After school, we went to meet the bus again. This time to pick up Benjamin. He was delighted to see us and even gave me a hug! Then he told us all about his day and asked if he could play on the playground at the bus stop now. I told him not today, but probably another day. It was a good first day and we all survived. I hope to have many more days like this to come.


2 comments:
Yay for Benjamin! I am sure he was soo excited. What fun!
I thought about you guys on Wednesday and wondered how the day was going. Peter loved looking at the pictures of Benjamin going to school.
Post a Comment