03 May 2013

Kitchen: Countertops Installed


I only got one picture before the upper cabinets went up and after the counter tops were installed. It ended up being such a stressful process, and I was so ready to move to the next step, that I only took one picture and it was with my phone.

When we finished the floor and had the lower cabinets installed we went in and ordered our counter tops. We were told it would be two to three weeks to get them installed, which was good because I hadn't painted or antiqued the cabinets, or had Michael install the beadboard on the ends. It took about a week to have the template guy come out and determine how our counter tops needed to be laid out. After he was done templating, he handed me some paperwork that stated our install date was in 10 days and I would receive a phone call the day before telling me when the installers would arrive. At 4:30 on the day I was suppose to receive a phone call, and many hours of scrambling to finish the base cabinets during my kiddos spring break, I called the office to find out when to expect my counter tops and found out they had been delayed for two weeks. No one had contacted me, and I was more than a little upset, to say the least. I started making phone calls both to the store we ordered the counter tops through and the fabrication and installation company. After lots of phone calls, and a lot of unreturned phone calls on the company's end, we finally came to a resolution and my counter tops were only installed one week late but still outside of the original two to three week estimate.

I love my counter tops and I am glad we were able to resolve the situation as quickly and completely as we did. And, I made it through the resolution process without swearing, screaming, crying, or attacking any of the people involved in the mistake and resolution process. Michael got to experience my break downs and emotions, but not the people I needed help from to get things taken care of. Not an easy thing for me to do, but it is done and we even ended up with a decent amount on a gift card from the store to try to compensate for the challenges we encountered. Glad that is done with!

No comments: