31 January 2014

Some Things are Better in a Box

I like squares. I love right angles. I prefer definition and boundaries with the flexibility to expand and grow. I do not like to be closed off and boxed in, but there are some things I greatly prefer to have very well defined, clean cut boundaries and definitions like

  • Contract terms
  • Date and place of an event, and starting on time
  • Paid time off
  • When a paycheck arrives and how much it will be
  • Cost of service or product before making a purchase
  • Picture frames
  • Yards, flower beds, and fences
  • Shoveled sidewalks
  • Quilt blocks
  • Furniture arrangements
  • Tables
  • Bulk items
  • Presents
  • Responsibilities in work or church
  • Rules of a game or a situation
  • Items packed for moving
Maybe I box myself in. Maybe I feel safest when I have a starting line and a goal in mind. When someone says "the sky's the limit" I want to know most of the possibilities and challenges by name before I start reaching. I really do like right angles and squares. 

No comments: