- Ruler: to measure the 4 inch wide strips
- Scissors: to cut strips after folding the fabric and measuring it (fold the fabric over and over again until it is only a few inches wide so that a shorter, straighter cut can be made the width of the fabric at one time)
- Fabric: to make the skirt (as poofy or as flat as you want; I used about 1 1/2 yards for each skirt) by looping the fabric around the ribbon in a "U" shape and making a not by pulling the ends through the bottom of the "U" around the ribbon
- Ribbon: to tie the fabric onto and to tie the skirt around the wearer's waist (the fabric is knotted around the 2 inch wide ribbon that has been fold in half and pressed with an iron, leaving enough leftover ribbon to tie a bow to join it around the wearer's waist)
- Bekah: to measure her waist and her height to determine how long I want the skirt to be on her (I ended up cutting each strip in half by the width, so I had 2 shorter pieces that were 4 inches wide instead of one long one)
I will post pictures after I try the finished product on Bekah tomorrow. She insisted that she only wanted a tutu if it was completely pink and would not try on the one that was predominantly pink with a few scattered, green accent pieces (I am going to make her a green skirt and hope I can convince her to be Tinkerbell for Halloween). She informed me that the pink and green one was "your pretty dress" and that I had ruined "my pretty dress" (imagine a tearful voice and foot stomping here), so I made her another one that is all pink. And since Benjamin was in on the tulle shopping I had to get him some black tulle to make him a football jersey. Wish me luck on that one!

1 comment:
ooooh post a pic! it sounds darling! (can't wait to see you wearing yours...) ;)
Post a Comment