I hate spiders! However, there were a lot of them around this summer when I was trying to learn how to take Macro pictures. The jumping spiders, like the one in the pictures, are harmless but they can jump pretty far. Anyway, this was a picture I took during my photography class that didn't get put in my portfolio.

Now, on to the random updates.
- I got over my fine issues with the library. They have relaxed a bit, or become more regulated, on how they apply fines. I have been more aware of the condition of the materials I check out, and we are now checking out twice as many books as we did before. If I only bring home 10 books at a time, the kids have me read them all the same day we get home and want to go to the library to get more books.
- Benjamin and Bekah ask to be read books all day long. They often don't want to be read the same book twice, unless they really like it, and that is why we check out so many books. This has also helped increase Benjamin's reading capabilities. He can recognize about half the alphabet by sight whether the letter is upper or lower case, and he recognizes all of his numbers 0 through 10 and is starting to recognize and understand higher numbers. Bekah's vocabulary is booming! It is fun to be reading her a book and hear her say a new word that was just read to her. It is great that we are starting to develop two way communication more fully.
- My root canal went well. My mouth is still sore, but not in near as much pain as it was beforehand. I will have my permanent crown put on in about 10 days or so. Thank goodness for insurance that helps pay for expensive procedures!
- My elbow is getting closer and closer to being back to normal. I still can't straighten my arm or throw like I used to but it is getting closer. I can lift and sew and knead bread again without my whole arm hurting. My scar is even healing nicely, which is really good since the doctor had to open up my arm at least 1/3 of the way. The major downer part is that the metal in my elbow makes my elbow doubly sensitive. Hitting my funny bony is REALLY painful! That part is getting better with time as well and I am hoping that I won't need another surgery in the coming months to remove it.
- I am looking forward to planting a garden this summer and not having to deal with moving during harvest time. I am hoping that the snow will melt a little bit more so I can finish putting my flower beds and garden box in before I need to plant some things. I didn't get that project finished because I broke my elbow and didn't get released from the doctor until after the snow covered the yard.
- Speaking of finishing projects, I have 3 stars left on Mary and Gary's quilt. Considering I started that on January 9th of this year, I would say that is quite a feat to finish it in just under a month. (I am planning on doing the last three stars today and I will post pictures of it later). Usually, I start a project, focus on it, and get about 75% of the way done before I let it just sit there for a while before I go back and finish it. I am semi out of projects at the moment, but I need to get caught up on my scrapbooking and I have enough of every day life to keep me busy.
- While I was working on quilts the last few months I listened to some good books on CD. After we came home from the wedding I realized it had been a while since I had actually sat down to read a book, even though I checked out a bunch from the library. I decided that one of my new priorities is taking time each day to read a good book. I read "Magyk" by Angie Sage over the last few days and it reminded me how fun it is to read books and let your mind create the voices of the characters and picture what is going on. (By the way, this was a fun book! I really enjoyed and am now reading the second book in the series, "Flyte." I highly recommend them to anyone who likes to read about magic.) I LOVE to read books and am always looking for books with a good, clean story line. I am really disappointed when I check out a book that sounds good and find it talks about sex graphically, uses foul language, or has other graphic descriptions about the disgusting things in this world. I am thankful for the GoodReads.com website that has allowed me to connect with my friends and see what they are reading. I have found a number of books I don't think I would have found otherwise and it has given me a little more direction on looking for books when I go to the library.
- The vampires called me again to ask me to donate blood. That is, the Red Cross called to invite me to a local blood drive. I don't even have to remember when it has been more than 60 days between donations because they usually call me when I am elgible to donate again.
- Bekah has finally reached the Terrific Twos and is an expert on scolding her brother and throwing tantrums. Benjamin has reached a new stage of independence that consists of doing what he wants, when he wants, and talking back to his parents. We are working hard on being kind, patient, and understanding. I have to admit that I do better on some days, but not most days. Oh the lessons children will teach you!
I think that is all the updates I have. I didn't feel like each one needed their own post.
No comments:
Post a Comment