I have recently become hooked on science fiction shows. Stargate Atlantis, Eureka, and Warehouse 13 to name a few. I like that they have a more "reality" feel instead of being totally out there. Each show ties back to present day Earth no matter how silly some of the things that happen are. The interesting perspective is that science can be dangerous, especially when a "scientific discovery" is used in the "real" world before it has been fully tested. They also touch on the need for faith. Faith that an experiment will work, faith that a mission can be completed, and faith that what they are doing or working on is for the good of everyone. These shows also discuss the need for trust to make teamwork successful. When trust is lacking, the "team" doesn't find success as swiftly as when they work together. I find it interesting for all the arguments that science is at odds with religion that even science fiction incorporates a lot of aspects of religion among the scientist and law officer characters.
No comments:
Post a Comment