18 January 2012

Love You Most


I found this movie delightful and funny even though the witch was a little over the top, as most evil step-mothers are portrayed. The one thing I love the most about this movie is what I have dubbed the "I love you most" conversation.

The evil witch says, "I love you." To which Rapunzel replies, "I love you more." Then the witch concludes, "I love you most."

Do I like the idea the mother loves the daughter most? No. I love the fact my children love this conversation about loving each other and instigated its use in our expressions of affection towards one another. We use their phrases to express a larger amount of love then only using the simple for of "I love you." My children are always bursting with emotion and energy so using this conversation captures perfectly the way they feel inside.

Benjamin and Bekah decided our conversations needed to go like this
  • Benjamin or Bekah: I love you.
  • Mom or Dad: I love you more.
  • Benjamin or Bekah: I love you most!
followed by
  • Mom or Dad: I love you.
  • Benjamin or Bekah: I love you more.
  • Mom or Dad: I love you most!
I love our beautiful children and what they are teaching me about expression affection.

Picture found here.

No comments: