01 January 2012

Resolutions 2011 in Review

My resolutions for the year 2011were
  1. Spend time each week with my children doing something they enjoy. Every day would be fantastic, but I am trying to be realistic.
  2. Take a nap each day whenever possible.
  3. Read at least 12 books.
  4. Plant a garden.
  5. Create 365 posts for this blog. Notice, I did not say post every day, just 365 posts.
  6. Spend less time on Facebook playing games.
  7. Sell 100 flower headbands and clips.
  8. Help Ryan learn to crawl, walk, say a few words, eat solid foods, and feed himself finger foods.
  9. Help Benjamin continue to develop his reading abilities, do homework, transition into 1st grade, and have play dates with boy friends.
  10. Help Bekah transition into Primary, have play dates with girl friends her age, learn how to ride her scooter, and ride her bike without training wheels.
  11. Index 75,000 names using Family Search.
  12. Find time to laugh, smile, and serve others.
I accomplished
  1. Spending time each week with my children playing games, doing chores, going places, and reading books, etc.
  2. I took a nap at least 5 days a week for the first 9 months of the year and then about once a week the last 3 months.
  3. I read over 36 books.
  4. I planted a small garden and we enjoyed home grown corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, Anaheim peppers, zucchini, spaghetti squash, and one tiny pumpkin.
  5. I completed 320 blog posts (this one is going on the 2012 resolution list.)
  6. I cut back my Facebook game playing time by several hours a day. Now, I only spend about an hour on Facebook each day and that is to keep track of what others are doing and if anyone needs something.
  7. I sold 1 headband, started a whole bunch, and need to send my pattern to a friend. I think I am going to shelve this business venture for a few years.
  8. Ryan learned how to crawl, walk, eat a variety of solid foods, say about a dozen words, and proficiently feed himself.
  9. Benjamin transitioned into 1st grade a little roughly, but is now doing well. He likes to read books on his own, has developed friends with several other boys in our neighborhood, knows the homework routine even if he doesn't always like it, and he even started to learn to play the piano this year.
  10. Bekah found she loves Primary (even if she doesn't always get to say a prayer in class), started preschool at home, learned how to write her name and a lot of her ABCs, and is getting better at holding still while Mom does her hair.
  11. I indexed 61,078 records using Family Search and am now the Family History coordinator for our ward. (This one is also going on the 2012 resolution list.)
  12. I did find time to laugh, smile, and serve others and I had some good experiences doing this. I want to do more of these things in the coming years.

No comments: