I am currently working on a new crocheting project. This means I have a bag of yarn, crochet hooks, and scissors sitting on the floor in our family room. With a 15-month-old who likes to go through everything and empty bags, boxes, and drawers, I am surprised he hasn't found my crochet bag and scissors. I was sitting on the couch this morning crocheting and silently reminding myself to put the scissors deep in my bag when I am done when I remembered another such bag and project with another little boy who was under two. Benjamin was very good at getting into things (who am I kidding, he is still good at getting into things just better about taking care of things when he does it) and one day he found my yarn and scissors. Being the dexterous little guy he was, he cut up a chunk of yarn into lots of little strings. I remember being so sad and frustrated I couldn't see the silver lining. Today, I remember that day with a little smile and think, "I'm glad I could tie knots and use the cut up yarn anyway. And, boy am I glad he didn't cut through my project because repairing or replacing my project would have been a ton harder than tying a few knots." Ryan may or may not get into my yarn, but I am glad I have an experience to reflect on so I have a few possible solutions in my folder of experience to draw upon should he find my scissors and yarn. I love my little boys even when they are super mischievous and busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment