For Benjamin's birthday last year he received "Star Wars, the Complete Saga" for the Wii. At some point during the year I told him we could have a Star Wars party after he finishes all the levels or "becomes a True Jedi." I don't remember saying it, but he does. Now, we are having a Star Wars party on Friday. It has taken me two months to collect enough ideas for games, find time in my schedule and budget for it, and take the time to hand out invitations far enough in advance for his friends to be able to come, but we are doing it. The price I pay for not paying attention to what I am promising my kiddos. A good price because it encourages me to follow through on both rewards and consequences, and I am sure he will thoroughly enjoy it, but a small price to pay in order to celebrate an important accomplishment for him.
Here's my countdown "To Do" list:
- Day 1 (Monday) - paint light sabers
- Day 2 (Tuesday) - purchase treats; create Ewok food bags and asteroids
- Day 3 (Wednesday) - put together games
- Day 4 (Thursday) - blow up balloons (and hide from kids) for games
- Day 5 (Friday) - bake cupcakes for light saber cake & clean house
....along with my regular "mom" duties. We can do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment