03 April 2012

April General Conference

On Saturday and Sunday, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints broadcast its 182nd annual General Conference. I found myself thinking about my Grandpa. You see, it was two years ago during the Saturday afternoon conference I was able to visit with my Grandpa for the last time on this earth. When we said good-bye after our visit I felt like it would be the last time I get to say good-bye to him, and while I did not want to believe it at the time I am extremely grateful I was able to let him know I love him and tell him good-bye before he left this earth.

Although each April will be a bittersweet reminder of this experience, it is also a time to rejoice in the knowledge of life beyond this one and that our actions, choices, and experiences can be carried with us when we die. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace and comfort it brings into my life amidst the turmoil of every day life. I know Jesus lived and died for us so we can be forgiven for our sins, resurrected, and be with the ones we love after this life is over.

No comments: