30 April 2012

Reading . . . . . . . the Dictionary?

We love books at our house. We make a couple of trips to the library each month and come home with a beach bag worth of books each time. Bed time stories are a must at our house. Benjamin has recently discovered a love for chapter books, especially ones about super heroes or magic.

The other night we went to a department expo about the different city offices including the library and literacy center among others. All of the tables were handing out treats, magnets, and toys. At the literacy center's table, each of my kiddos received a handful of small books and Benjamin asked if he could have a dictionary.  I asked Benjamin if he knew how to use a dictionary and he said no so I taught him how on the car ride home.

Yesterday, when I got out of bed and found Benjamin's bed empty I called for him and he said he was in the family room reading. I told him that was great! Then I came into the room and saw him reading his new dictionary. I had a good giggle and told him I thought it was awesome he was reading the dictionary. He told me he wanted to learn all of the words in the dictionary so he could be even smarter. So cute!

No comments: