On Monday, I completed the usual mountain of laundry. Okay, so maybe it wasn't so much of a mountain as hours of washing, drying, and folding laundry for our little family of five. I try to start first thing in the morning because it usually is an all day process to do a week's worth of laundry. At one point, I think after my third or fourth batch of dried clothes in the late afternoon, I reflected on how at one point I did a weeks worth of laundry in less than 2 hours. That was when I was single and I used multiple washing machines to do my two loads of laundry for the week. Sometimes I wouldn't mind having only two loads of laundry to do and only have to spend 2 hours to do it, but most of the time I am grateful for my little family and how doing laundry reminds me of all the things we do have and the joy of being clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment