At the beginning of this year I made a list of goals I published and I made a list of goals I didn't post. One of those goals was to jog and/or run one mile without stopping. I may or may not discuss other goals as they are accomplished.......
Anyway, last night I did. I jogged at a speed of 5 miles per hour for 14 consecutive minutes on the treadmill. No small feet when the just 2 months I could only jog for 1 minute before my shins or lungs were in so much pain I had to slow down to a quick walk.
You see, I have exercise induced asthma and shin splints. I have spent the last two months strengthening my leg and lung muscles and building up my endurance. I started with jogging for 1 minute and walking for 2 or three minutes. Then the next week I shortened my walking interval. The next week I lengthened my jogging interval, and gradually increased it each week, stopping only when my lungs or legs couldn't handle the pain. Tonight I completed one consecutive mile without lung or leg pain! Yeah, for more miles like tonight's in the future.
The Main Event
1 day ago

2 comments:
Congrats. I know what a huge accomplishment that is. I remember how I felt the first time I did the same. Before you know it you'll be running 5ks! Watch out. Running can be addicting!
COngratulations! It feels so good to reach physical goals like that.
Post a Comment