14 May 2008

Reading Books

My children love books. This is a picture of Benjamin reading stories to his sister on a Sunday afternoon. Talk about precious!

Benjamin thrives on going to story time at the library. If he had his way we would spend hours every day at the library or reading books. He will even read books to calm down to get ready for his nap. We have to limit the number of books we bring home from the library or mom wouldn't be able to carry them all.

Bekah will sit and look at books for 15 to 30 minutes at a time. The amazing thing to me is that she turns the pages (board or paper) so nicely because she does an excellent job of shredding my magazines and newspapers. I hope that this is a trait that she will carry throughout her life.

I love books as well. Most recently I have gotten hooked on JoAnne Fluke's cooking murder mysteries (Blueberry Muffin Murder, Strawberry Shortcake Murder, etc.) which include yummy recipes with the mystery. They also aren't as gruesome and gorry as some of the other murder mysteries I have read. Since I have had children I have had to start listening to books on CD so I can get my story fix and still have my hands free to do things around the house. I even had Michael hooked on books on CD for a while because we didn't have TV and it gave us something to do together in the evenings. I love books and when I have free time I try to read as much as possible.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

that is so cute! doesn't it just make your heart melt to see your kids playing together and taking care of each other? that's the stuff that gets me through the day. :)
i love books too. our library has stopped its storytime for may, and we have sure been missing it! books on cd is a great idea - i think i might have to get some from the library to listen to. thanks for the idea charlynn!

Jillian said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how much your little girl looks like your mom. I love it when I can see who the baby looks like! I wish my kids we so nice and played together like yours.