07 May 2008

What does your baby eat?

So I was spending some time working on the internet while Bekah was playing with toys. And she did something.......unique that resulted with the following dialogue with my husband on messenger (he was at work):

Charlynn says:
you are not going to believe what your daughter just did

michael.jenkins@byu.edu says:
what?

Charlynn says:
do you want the long version or the short version? both versions include calling the doctor

michael.jenkins@byu.edu says:
long i guess

Charlynn says:
so i was sitting there checking my email and hear bekah p0oping across the room. i decide to let her get it all out and finish what i'm doing before i go change her

michael.jenkins@byu.edu says:
right

Charlynn says:
meanwhile the smell keeps getting stronger and stronger. when i finally get done i go to get bekah and see that she has something all over her pants. she has a crayon in her hand and so i assumed that she had been eating crayons again. wrong!

michael.jenkins@byu.edu says:
oh gross

Charlynn says:
she is covered in, and surrounded by poop

michael.jenkins@byu.edu says:
yuck!

Charlynn says:
so i take her to the changing table to start cleaning her up. i take off her shirt (which is mostly clean) and find more poop on the front that I didn't notice before

michael.jenkins@byu.edu says:
i am so sorry

Charlynn says:
than I go to clean her hands and realize she had squished it pretty good without leaving any "solid" evidence. then i realize that it is not leftover macaroni and cheese on her face, but her own feces. so i called the doctor and told the nurse what happened.

Charlynn says:
unfortunately, she (the nurse) said that it is better for her to eat her own poop rather than someone else's. talk about gross!

michael.jenkins@byu.edu says:
yuck

Charlynn says:
the nurse said that Bekah should be fine unless she develops diarrhea in the next few days

michael.jenkins@byu.edu says:
i swear she will eat anything

michael.jenkins@byu.edu says:
ok that was probably the grossest story i have heard

The moral of this story is that pooping children deserve undivided attention. Sorry to gross anyone out but this is one of the unique aspects of motherhood that I thought I would share.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT?!?! THERE WAS A TIME I AS THINKING ABOUT HAVING KIDS... NOW THEY JUST LOOK POOP EATERS AND WHAT'S WORST IS I CAN'T LOOK AT KIDS WITH STUFF ON THEIR FACE WITHOUT WONDERING WHAT EXACTLY IS THAT...

Tarmy said...

Blech! That's really gross. I don't even know what else to say...

Roger and Victoria said...

That is a classic, I have to say. One that Bekah will love when you tell her first date the story ;). I guess this is why mothers' soon fail to be surprised at anything anymore...their kids have exhausted the need.

Stacey said...

Lol!! Hey Charlynn, this is Stacey Bond (well, Garcia now) from Ramah and I happened to come across your blog while blog hopping. I have so many poop stories it's not even funny, well yeah it kinda is, but anyway. Let's just say that we've had two massive blowout diapers in the last three days that needed bathing immediately. Yuck!! Anyway, just wanted to leave you a comment, it's kinda neat finding people you went to school with :)