27 June 2009

Doing Laundry

It is that time of the week again. Okay, so we are a few days late, but the clothes are getting cleaned. Our sweet children are such wonderful helpers and today their help was actually helpful instead of the usual undoing of whatever Mom is trying to accomplish.

Bekah helped sort the laundry into the correct baskets (whites, lights, darks) by asking Mom where to put them and following directions. She even helped push her dirty clothes basket into our room for sorting and pushed back to her room after we had finished sorting her clothes.

Benjamin helped empty the dryer, load the dryer, and load the washer. After we were done switching loads Benjamin helped fold clothes and put them away. He folded all of his own clothes and sorted them into to piles to put in the correct drawer.

Today we experienced one of those special moments when I actually felt like my children are actually learning some of the things I am trying to teach them, and that asking them to help with chores around the house is worth. Such hope means I will keep trying. Oh what am I getting myself into?

No comments: