A few months ago we were attending our monthly testimony meeting at church when Benjamin leans over and asks if he go up to the stand and talk. Our conversation went something like this:
Benjamin: Can I go up and talk?
Mom: Do you have a testimony?
Benjamin (with concern): Do I have a testimony, Mom?
Mom: Do you know that Jesus loves you?
Benjamin: Yes!
Mom: Then you have a testimony, and you can go up there and share it with everybody.
Now, when testimony meeting comes around each month, Benjamin insists on sharing his testimony with everyone. Michael and I take turns escorting Benjamin reverently to the podium and "helping" him bare his testimony and then sharing ours with the congregation. I guess you could say that "a child shall lead them" definitely applies to the frequency with which we find ourselves sharing our testimony with others because if not for Benjamin's eagerness to share I doubt Michael and I would share our testimonies of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, His life, and His atoning sacrifice with other as often as we do. Thanks for your example, Benjamin.
The Main Event
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment