01 June 2009

Escape to Las Vegas

We took a much needed break last week, we ran away to Vegas. When I say things like that people give me quizzical looks, but since my grandparents have lived there for most of my life I have been exposed to the more family friendly aspects of Las Vegas and that is why we went there. Anyway, this was our first family trip in over a year that was to attend a family function and it was a relief just to spend time with our little family doing fun things.



Benjamin and Bekah showing off their white tigers by the statue of the white tigers.

Benjamin and Bekah were so delighted to get "white tigers" that they slept with them each night of our stay and haven't put them down much since we have been home.

Indoor garden at the Mirage.

Benjamin likes to play the "I Spy" game and I took pictures of all of the fun things Benjamin "spied" while we were walking up and down the strip.


Why is the dragon upside down, Mom?
Because that is how the statue was made, Benjamin.


Look! Dolphins!


"Skull Rock" outside of Treasure Island. You have to look at the rock face twice to be able to see it.



The sinking pirate ship at Treasure Island


Krispy Kreme kids' meals. The kids loved their hats and straws almost as much as the doughnuts.


I see camels! When will I be big enough for the roller coaster?


Playing with the extra bed cushions. Benjamin thought the pillows made great punching bags.

No comments: