16 July 2008

Life is Good

Today I don't have pictures to go with my post. This is one of Michael's pictures of the flowers growing in our yard. He is so good at taking pictures.

Yesterday I had my monthly therapist appointment. We talked about the progress I have made and the things I still need to work on. I have learned a lot about my patterns of thinking, letting other people handle their own problems instead of trying to do it for them, not allowing myself to feel guilty for other people's behaviors and choices, tackling things now instead of procrastinating (I am still working on this one every day), and clearing my head to sleep better at night. I still have a ways to go, but it feels great to finally be on the mend.

Moving is coming slowly but surely. It is so nice to be able to move and unpack a little bit at a time instead of doing a huge pack and dump like in the past. I will feel like I am moving into a house instead of from one mess to another. I will be glad when this is all over and I only have one house and yard to take care of instead of two. It is exhausting trying to take care of two houses at the same time.

Life is good. It is nice to feel tired from a day of hard physical labor. The children are learning new things and getting along well. They have their sibling rivalry moments but they seem to enjoy each other's company most of the time. I am grateful for the many blessings we have experienced in our life. Life is good.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i'm glad things are going well for you. every time we move i think about how nice you were to come and help us move up to n. salt lake. i wish we were closer, so i could come and help you!