10 September 2008

Happy Birthday!

Today is my 25th birthday. For my birthday, Michael planned a surprise weekend away from the kids. On Saturday, we dropped our children off at Victoria and Roger's (Thanks you two!) and headed south on the freeway. We made a few stops during the day to do some shopping and go out to lunch before we went to a concert in the evening.

It was so nice to have a break from the children and their schedules. We stopped where we wanted to and when we wanted to without worrying about nap time or snacks or keeping the children entertained while we tried to focus on what we were trying to do. I love my children immensely, but it has been so long since I have had an extended break from them that I had forgotten what spontaneity felt like and having time to kill instead of trying to cram as many errands into as short a time as possible.

Saturday ended with the Jon Schmidt concert. Every year he does a concert in the Waterfall Ampitheater in September and we have tried to make it every year since we the year we were married. Jon Schmidt is an amazing (and humorous) piano player. His concerts are entertaining as well as enjoyable because of the musical talents he shares with the audience. If you have never heard Jon's music check out his website http://www.jonschmidt.com/. There you can listen to his music and check out who he is.

After the concert we went home to an empty house and on Sunday we went to Stake Conference just as a couple. It is amazing how sensitive you are to child noise even when you do not have yours with you. I even squeezed in an uninterrupted Sunday nap. It was a nice and relaxing weekend. Thank you, Michael!



Michael and I waiting for the concert to begin.

This picture has the best lighting of all the pictures we took.

This is a picture of Jon Schmidt's piano. I didn't get any pictures of him because we were not suppose to use flash photography during the show, but if you want to see pictures of him you can visit his website listed above.

1 comment:

Marli said...

Happy Birthday! It's fun when the husbands make it a weekend party instead of just a day!! I'm glad you had so much fun.