

I totally roller bladed for 3 miles tonight and I only fell down 3 times! I have probably spent less than 50 hours on roller blades in my entire life and I was so proud of myself for not falling down on an unfamiliar, outdoor trail this evening. I managed to survive swarms of mosquitoes, slightly bumpy asphalt, rocks, sticks, cracks in the pavement, other walkers, and pushing a stroller for a good chunk of our the the 3 miles all while remaining upright and on roller blades. It was exhilirating to become more comfortable rolling around the longer we were out and be able to go faster and faster without wobbling horribly. (I started out very slow and VERY wobbly. )
I do have to admit that I am grateful that just Michael and I went rollerblading for about 1 mile last night without the kids so that I could get used to being on wheels without our wonderful distractions. The three times I fell down were because I was distracted by my children (poor excuse, I know). We even were able to take a break and through some rocks in the river next to the trail we were on. Benjamin was a good coach though: Go slow so you don't fall down, hold my hand so you don't fall, way to catch yourself like I do so you didn't get an ouch. Bekah was also very encouraging with her little wave and smile every time she passed me with Dad pushing. It was so much fun that I can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:
How fun!!!
Post a Comment