06 January 2009

My Children are Growing Up

I know, I know, they are still tiny, but it always amazes me when they reach a new milestone in their little lives.

Benjamin started Sunbeams on Sunday. That means he goes to a class, singing time, and sharing time with all the other children ages 3 through 11 instead of going to nursery where they play toys and have snacks in addition to songs and lessons about Jesus Christ. He was so excited to be a Sunbeam that he got himself dressed for church before Mom and Dad were out of bed. We had been talking to Benjamin about going to Sunbeams and what was expected of him for a couple of weeks now and we were pleasantly surprised to hear that Benjamin was the "best Sunbeam ever" as the substitute teacher put it. Grandma Donna said that Benjamin listened, participated, raised his hand, and was nice to the other children, all of which we had been trying to emphasize over the last couple of weeks. We were excited because he did so well (and because we knew he was listening to us)! I am still having a hard time realizing that Benjamin is 3 years old. Time is passing too swiftly.

Bekah is still our little mimic. She loves to copy her brother and pretend that she is as big as he is. This morning I realized that she has grown at least two inches over the last few weeks. With the busy holidays and having company at our house I failed to notice that she is now tall enough to close the doors from the outside. She just stretches a little and grasps the handle to pull the door shut. Amazing! Now she doesn't lock herself in rooms because she pushes the door shut, Bekah can close the door from the outside so I can't blame Benjamin for shutting the doors all of the time. I called to tell my Mom about Bekah's new ability and she giggled and said that Bekah was doing that while they were here, "No wonder she was so delighted to do that. It was something new."

Our children never cease to amaze me with the new things they learning and doing. I love this part of being a Mom!

No comments: