Ouch! Tonight I was delivering the Pampered Chef orders in our old neighbor and as I came out of one house I saw this poor kid flip off his razor as he goes racing down the hill. Immediately, I had flash backs of when I fell down and broke my elbow a few months ago. Again, ouch! And since it looked pretty bad, I drove my car down to where they were at and went to see if I could help.
I could tell the poor kid was in a lot of pain and he kept saying, "I think I broke my arm, I think I broke my arm." I asked the girls with him if his mom was here and when they said yes I sent them to get her. After they left, I asked the boy his name and introduced myself and kept him talking while we took off his coat and looked at his arm. Unfortunately for him, he was right about breaking his arm. I kept him talking and told him about my experience breaking a bone while I walked him back to his cousin's house.
His poor mom hadn't thought he was hurt that bad until she saw his arm. Must be a case of overdramatization or frequent falls because I know I do the same thing with my kids when they start fussing at each other until I here them cry a certain way. Needless to say, once she saw his arm she said, "Oh yeah, we're going to the hospital." More memories of when I broke my elbow since they were headed to the same hospital I ended up in.
I'm glad I was there to help and I hope he will be okay. It's no fun to have a broken bone. Believe me, I know.
The Main Event
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment