09 May 2009

The "Elder" Countdown

The countdown has begun. My brother has a little less than 12 weeks left of his two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It doesn't feel like it has been two years. The ironic thing is that he will probably end his mission about 4 hours from us, in the same state he started out in, instead of being within an hour of us like he has been for the last 18 months.
I have some pictures taken at the Albuquerque temple a few weeks before he left for his mission in August 2007. His farewell was the same weekend and I'm glad I was able to be there to share that experience with him. And even the sixteen hour drive spread out over two to three days each way that it took to be there wasn't too bad. Thanks, Mary, for traveling most of those hours with me and helping me with our two little ones and helping arrange places to stay since Michael had to stay home and work. Whew! I'm glad we are not that far away from my family anymore.
Anyway, the countdown has begun . . . . .
My Brother & Uncle Martin

Mary, Bekah, David, Mom, Kristina, Benjamin, & Charlynn

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Great pictures. I can't believe it is only 12 weeks before he comes home.