Today I picked up my Bountiful (produce) Basket and decided to do some vegetable prep and freeze some of my soup ingredients to use at a later date. My kiddos helped me cut up and bag a good chunk of the produce. We spent two hours peeling, cutting, and bagging produce for soups, lunches, side dishes, snacks, and tonight's dessert.
Here is what we did. I used gallon size bags and filled them each with chopped veggies that included
- 1 med zucchini
- 4 carrots
- 1/4 cabbage
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 head broccoli
- onions
- kale
- spinach
- tomatoes (cut or pureed)
- cauliflower
- corn
- 1 lb hamburger (browned in a separate pan before adding, or crumbled in between veggies and cooked in crock pot)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- water - enough to cover veggies
I am so grateful my little ones were willing to be so helpful in the kitchen today! We were able to accomplish so much I can spend the rest of my day doing something else.



No comments:
Post a Comment