
Yesterday we went to Michael's cousin's baptism. It has been a while since I have been to a baptism without the missionaries. My brother is serving in the mission just north of us and since Michael's uncle lives right on the border of the mission (I don't know if he is in my brother's mission or the mission we live in) the thought occurred to me that my brother could have been there as a missionary. It was a very emotional poignant thought since I haven't seen my brother since last August and we are less than 30 minutes away from each other even with his last 3 or 4 transfers. I am so proud of him for dedicating two years of his life to serving the Lord when it is a very challenging thing to do. I realized how much I miss his bright and fun personality and look forward to seeing him again in 15 months or so. Maybe we will even get to go pick him up from his mission (LOL).
I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of God. I know that God lives and the Jesus Christ is his son. I know that my Heavenly Father knows and loves me as an individual. I am grateful for baptisms that remind me of the power and simpleness of the Gospel. May all of you be so blessed to have the presence and power of God in your lives.

1 comment:
thanks for sharing those thoughts! good job for your brother, for serving a mission!
Post a Comment