Back in November our laptop was stolen out of our car. The laptop had all of our pictures from last summer on it that we thought we had backed up with the rest of our pictures. Unfortunately, when we checked the back up none of the pictures from the summer were there. This didn't seem to be a huge deal because I had emailed several of those pictures to friends and family and we hadn't done anything overly significant, we thought.
Then I realized that all of the pictures of Bekah's baby blessing were on that computer. Now they were all gone. I emailed everyone I could think of who was there to see if they had taken pictures of Bekah in her blessing dress and our family that day and no one had. A couple of months ago it occurred to me that Grandma H., who is insistent about taking pictures, had been there. (It was actually after our niece was blessed around Easter time that this occurred to me because Grandma was taking a lot of pictures of Victoria and McKayla.) I didn't get a chance to talk to Grandma until a couple of weeks ago at Alisabeth's bridal shower and I finally remembered to ask if she had any pictures of Bekah's blessing. She said she didn't think she had any, except at the luncheon but that she would look.
Yesterday I got a card from Grandma and Grandpa H. congratulating us on our new house with some pictures inside. Low and behold, there were two pictures of Bekah in her blessing dress. One of her with Michael and I and one with Michael's Aunt Cyndi holding her. I was so appreciative that I almost started crying on the spot. There were some other fun pictures in the letter, but the one from Bekah's blessing I was the most grateful for. I am so glad that I have some visual documentation of that special even in her life that words do not do justice to my feelings.
What I learned from this experience is that pictures are a blessing. Even though we may not find the picture taking convenient at the time, having those pictures at a later date can be especially important. So next time you don't want your picture taken, or you think you have taken enough of your own, remember that sometimes those extra picture takers are an immense blessing. Thank you, Grandma H.!

This was right after sacrament meeting and Benjamin was in nursery. I made Bekah's blessing dress the summer after I graduated so that I would have it when I had a baby girl. It is all hand crocheted.

Cyndi is holding a sleeping Bekah at the luncheon we had afterwards. She was all worn out from her big day. Bekah has gotten so big I have a hard time remembering that she was ever that small.

No comments:
Post a Comment