01 May 2011

The Easter Bunny Visited

People often wonder what the Easter Bunny has to do with the Resurrection of Christ. I had one long winded professor in college who spent a week's worth of classes explaining why to us. Because I do not intend to write a book on this blog, I will put it in a nutshell. Rabbits reproduce quicklly and represent rebirth and renewal because of their fertility. Christ was resurrected on Easter morning providing all of us with the opportunity to experience a "rebirth" when we are resurrected, and his gift is for all of us who have ever lived on this earth much like trying to feed all the rabbits. The Easter Bunny also brings gifts that can be symbolic of the Savior's gifts for us in the Atonement and Resurrection. While I know the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is the reason for the holiday, I am grateful for these symbolic reminders that help the holiday be something for my children to look forward to. As they grow older I hope they can understand why the bunny represents Jesus at Easter just like Santa represents Jesus at Christmas. On that note, the "Easter Bunny" did bring some cool, non-candy things to our cute kiddos.


For Easter this year, I bought the children all new Sunday clothes. Sadly, I forgot to take their pictures in them so please not the outfits on the back of the couch and picture my adorable children in them.












No comments: