26 May 2011

Frogs at Our House


When Michael and I were married, my parents started a family joke of giving us frogs (it had some thing to do with on of my emotional moments in planning our wedding.) I have since discovered I actually like dainty frog jewelry and decor. I also like tree frogs because they look dainty and pretty even though they are deadly. While I was on my trip to Seattle and Portland, I kept looking for frog jewelry and on our last day of shopping I found a dainty frog on a ring that, in my opinion, looked nice enough to wear. I purchased it and Michael teased me about it because he wanted to make sure no admirers had given it to me and I had purchased a frog piece of jewelry, not something I think he would have picked out for me. What started out as a family joke has become an intricate, but not highly visible, part of my self expression.

No comments: