20 May 2011

Making Cookies with Ryan

A few days ago, my big kids asked for cookies. Due to the rain all week, I haven't been able to go outside and work in the yard and garden so I have been finding things inside to do. I gave Benjamin and Bekah a couple of options for cookies and promised to make them while I watched the rain. Unfortunately, Ryan wanted to be held when I decided to start making cookies. Instead of giving in to frustration, and postponing the cookies, I strapped Ryan into the Baby Bjorn and had him "help" me make cookies. His little hands were very helpful in trying to grab everything, and he wasn't too sure about the noisy electric mixer, but we successfully made chocolate chip cookie dough before the hard work of our task wore hm out completely. I love conquering challenges in sharing activities and life with my kiddos.


Getting ready to make cookie dough.


All worn out from being Mommy's helper.

No comments: