We started a ticket system in our house where the children earn ticket(s) for doing chores or listening. I am still working on being consistent with rewarding tickets and with the rewards. So far we have been able to use the tickets for pbskids.org time, books, trips to Deseret Industries (for recycled toys), or for other fun or non-necessary purchases. Our system is a work in progress and when we find out what works best we will determine specific rules.
When we started our ticket system I had three matching glass jars. I like things that match and are uniform in size because it is liking have all the pices of the puzzle instead of trying to remember what goes with what. Unfortunately, this has happened to two out of the three jars:
Now, we just have one of these left:
Now we have two candy tins from Christmas gifts to use for the other ticket holders. Mom and Dad have a tin to keep all of the tickets to earn in, Bekah (ironically) has the last jar, and Benjamin has a bright red tin for his tickets. I love watching there faces light up when the receive something for being good and when they are able to use the rewards for other things.
The Main Event
1 day ago



No comments:
Post a Comment