18 October 2011

1st Birthdays

Looking back at our children on their first birthdays I am reminded of how different each of them are. I love them in all of their individuality and I am amazed that while they follow similar developmental patterns their speed of development is very different, just like their personalities. However, they are all very similar in that they are determined to do things their way, in their own time, and not even Mom and Dad can convince them to move to the next stage of development until they are ready.

A lot of people tell me our children look alike. While there is much truth in that, I look at these pictures of each of my children at the age of one I can see how different they are from each other. Sometimes their baby pictures are hard to tell apart, but definitely not their one year old pictures. Wow!



No comments: