09 October 2011

Detective is Part of My Job

I finally found one job which does not exactly correspond with the normal duties expected with the job title. Yes, I am a detective. No, I do not solve crimes or find missing people. I do, however, solve mysteries. The mysteries are various and best presented in list form.
  • missing shoes or other articles of clothing
  • how to organize a house with little children
  • where the can opener got put away this time
  • what we were talking about yesterday
  • what the child is actually saying or talking about; sometimes it seems like interpreting a foreign language
  • how to do homework with the child
  • what is that smell
  • where could the puzzle piece gone
  • did the dog run off again; and if so, where did she go
  • when was the last time xxx was washed
  • did the children do their chores
  • did someone get the mail/mail that item
  • which people are we giving Christmas gifts to this year
  • what to give as Christmas gifts
  • what is the theme for child birthday party(s)
  • what's for dinner
  • what to put in our food storage
  • how to rotate our food storage
  • what is our budget
  • where is our money going
  • what goes in our suitcase for a trip
  • when are we getting together with friends/family again
  • what are the addresses of the people we want to visit or send things to
  • have the children outgrown their clothes
  • do the children need new clothes
  • where can I find inexpensive, durable, nice looking clothes
  • which store is having which items on sale
  • how do I take away that favorite toy or blanket the child has outgrown
  • how much is the stuff we donate to charity worth
  • who can use the stuff we are getting rid of and how do we get it to them
  • when do we do homework and reading
  • how many books can we feasibly bring home from the library without loosing children or breaking Mom's back
  • which library books are due and of those, which ones have we read
  • is the baby teething, sick, tired, or just being fussy
  • what does the baby want
  • how can we more wisely use our resources
  • where did xxx go and who had it last
  • how do I find or make time to do the things I enjoy and take care of myself
  • what new hairstyle will work in my daughter's hair
Just to name a few.