08 October 2011

Playing in the Courtyard

. . . . or on the plaza . . . . or whatever you call the thing at an outdoor mall that in between stores. We went out for dinner the other night (I love Tucano's Brazilian restaurant and they give you a free meal in the month of your birthday. Yum!) and afterwards the kiddos discovered the water spraying out of the cobblestones.

It was a warm night, and even though we didn't have extra clothes and we were a little ways away from home, I let them play and explore. Coming from a preparedness fanatic when it comes to family outings and trips, that was a pretty huge thing for me to do.

Michael and I were absolutely delighted to watch the children play in water and have a blast. Ryan even loved no matter how many times he accidentally received a spray to the face. Not until they were shivering with cold from being so wet and feeling a slight breeze, were we able to convince them to load up and head home.
















No comments: