17 October 2011

Applesauce Made Easy


Today I had the opportunity to use this nifty tool (picture found online because my kitchen gets very messy when I can, and I don't want to share pictures of that) to make applesauce. It only took me about three hours to process 30+ pints of applesauce (we ate some and put some leftovers in the fridge when I ran out of jars) from start to finish and clean up my mess. When I made 12 pints a few months ago, i didn't have this tool and it took me at least three to four hours without including clean up. I love the way this simplifies the process by doing the coring, peeling, and pureeing all at the same time after I quartered and boiled the apples to soften them. Now, we have plenty of applesauce for eating and making cookies and sweet breads. Yum!

No comments: