19 October 2011

Aging Gracefully

Today I saw pictures of one of the little girls I used to baby-sit as Homecoming Queen of the high school I graduated from. It made me think of other things that make me realize I am getting older. Things like
  • one of the beehive girls I taught getting married
  • little boys I used to baby-sit going on missions or graduating from high school
  • realizing I have been married for almost 8 years
  • thinking about my oldest getting baptized at the age of 8 in 18 months
  • watching the girls I baby-sat before they started school graduating from high school and going off to college
  • remembering it has been 10 years since I was a senior in high school
  • watching my one year old learning to master the stairs in our house and remembering his sister was just about this age when we moved in over three years ago
  • contemplating the fact I have been in my current occupation longer than I attended any one school (6 1/2 years)
Life is full of changes and sometimes it just flies by way too fast, but it continues to provide new experiences and opportunities at the same time.

No comments: