08 October 2011

Playing Catch Up

I love to play games. I enjoy them whenever I do. However, the game I most often play is not my favorite. What do I play? Catch up. I'm sure you have heard of it. You create a list of the million things that need or have to be done. Then, add on a list of all of the things you want to get done. Multiply that some more by adding a list of things you would like to do. Total list and then subtract how many things you can do on any given day, only during your waking hours. When your math is completed, your list of wants/needs/like tos will still be longer than the list of things you are able to accomplish.

I am always trying to catch up on the dishes, vacuuming, bathrooms, laundry, etc. Sometimes, I am trying to catch up on finishing projects or completing goals. Other times, I am trying to catch up with my husband on what is going on in our lives and remember why we love each other so much. There will never be enough hours in the day, or energy in my body, to accomplish everything on my many lists. Most things, even necessary chores, take a back seat to spending time and doing things with my family. However, from time to time I decide to devote a ridiculous amount of time to my projects. Right now, I spending some of that time trying to catch up my blog to reach my goals of 365 posts this year. Right now, I am only about 30 posts behind if I continue to post at least once each day for the rest of the year. When I am all caught up, I will probably return to posting infrequently. For right now, I am trying to find all kinds of random stuff to post about for my scrapbooking/journaling efforts that come with regularly printing of my blog posts (I am at least one year behind on that project) to scrapbook and keep for our family records.

I plan on continuing to play catch up for quite a while. No, it will never be my favorite game, but at least it will mean I have something to do and I am spending time with my family.

No comments: