09 October 2011

Discovering the Art of Blown Glass


At a local art studio for making blown glass, my children discovered a new fascination. One of the artists was making a vase and the children sat in the studio watching him through the window for almost an hour. Honestly, I was ready to move on to something else long before they were, and I went and looked at all of the pieces for sale while they were watching the artist. I cannot remember the last time my children sat still for that long. They even asked me when we could go back to watch again and maybe make our own glass flowers.

I took a picture of the Christmas tree Benjamin wanted to take home made out of quite a few plates of blown glass. It was very much out of our price range so I persuaded him to be satisfied with a picture.

No comments: