
One of the things that I have discovered this year is the healthy substitution of applesauce for eggs and/or oil. I use 1/4 cup of applesauce in substitution for 1 large egg in cookies, muffins, and breads. This practice makes things lighter and fluffier while adding a natural sweetness. I use equal parts of applesauce for oil and am able to acquire the same texture for baked goods that call for oil.
The only thing I have found that the substitution does not work well in is cake mixes, at least to try to take the cake out of the pan and decorate it. The cake was delicious but it did not turn out very pretty when I tried to flip it out of the pan.
We are trying to eat a little bit healthier every day and this is one small step I am making for our family. I recommend trying this substitution next time you make cookies or muffins. It is delicious!

No comments:
Post a Comment