15 November 2008

Gingerbread House Festival

We went to a Gingerbread House Festival on Friday when Michael came home from his business trip. There were a lot of amazing creations, not limited to the traditional idea of a gingerbread house. I also was able to practice some of the techniques I have been learning in my Photography class. Benjamin was so excited that he had dreams about gingerbread houses last night. Here are some of the creations that were on display.









The stories were literally coming off the pages.



I was working on more 'night time' photography which is equal to limited lighting and adjusting the ISO and shutter speed according to my instructor. This moving ferris wheel was a good way for me to practice taking slow shutter speed pictures without a tripod.


I think they were going for a "Who" look on this creation. Benjamin liked the car.


I had to take a picture of these TINY cookies.
They aren't much bigger than my pinky finger.



All of the jewelry is made from candy, cookies or frosting.
Pretty neat, huh!?!


A very edible tree house.




A Haunted Mansion. Can you see the ghosts?




This is what happened when we tried to get our children to sit down by the gingerbread house cutout. They didn't want to sit down for a minute because there was so much to look at. Benjamin did sit down to watch the amateur performances being put on. He loves to watch things on the stage. Hopefully, that will last all of his life.


The mansion house was huge! The details ere exquisite, right down to lights behind the 'stain glass' windows. I think it was about two and a half feet tall. This was Michael's favorite.












The 'Pirate's Chest' was my favorite. I couldn't believe how detailed the 'treasures' were and still looked edible.



I had never seen a Halloween gingerbread house until this year and this was one of several on display.



We had a lot of fun and saw some amazing creations. I enjoy sharing things like this with my children and seeing the wonder in their faces as the explore something new and discover new things. I wasn't ready to make our own gingerbread houses until after the festival. It was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Tarmy said...

Is this still going on? Where was it? I love the night time ferris wheel- great shot!