19 November 2008

I Want Cookie



Bekah is learning all kinds of words lately. In fact, Benjamin likes to teach her words. The other day the children were playing and it would go something like this.

Benjamin: Say triangle.
Bekah: Triangle (or her best imitation of it).
Benjamin: Mom, Bekah said triangle. Say circle.
Bekah: Circle.
Benjamin: Mom! Bekah said circle. Say line.
Bekah: Line.
Benjamin: Mom, Bekah said line!

. . . . and so on.

A couple of days ago the children and I made chocolate chip cookies together. Bekah loves food and usually grunts to indicate that she wants something, and if she wants it more she grunts faster in a higher pitch. So we have been trying to teach her words to reduce the grunting but she hasn't been too interested beyond saying 'snack' for wanting something to eat.

Anyway, I tried to get her to say cookie when she wanted a cookie. She caught on to that really quick. Can't imagine why. It's not like children are easily addicted to sugar. Anyway, today she looks at me and says, "I want cook-ie" while pointing to the cookie jar. I guess she is starting to speak in sentences now.

No comments: