10 November 2008

Igloo at the Library


These are pride pictures. The library asked for families to donate empty milk jugs to make an igloo. Benjamin was very adament about reminding me to save and take the empty milk jugs to the library. These pictures show the finished product that we helped to contribute to, thus the 'pride' in the pictures.
I am hoping that my children will learn the value of contributing to something that benefits others and focus less on themselves. This was something small that I think helps teach that lesson. The other thing we have done lately is donated toys to our nurseries. Being a brand new ward we had zero nursery items and everyone was asked to contribute something this past weekend. benjamin was more than willing to donate some toys he doesn't usually play with if it meant he could go to nursery on Sunday. It feels great to be a part of something bigger than yourself and I am hoping my children will find the joy I have in being a part of something like that.

No comments: