Benjamin talks a mile a minute these days. He craves learning and never stops having questions. He wants to know how the world works and how to do everything Mom or Dad is doing. Sometimes I run out of answers and explanations to his questions.He has discovered that he can sit and look at books as well as having his parents and our guests read to him. He loves to pick out books and see if they 'have too many words.' Mom explained to him one day that if we find books that have a paragraph or less of words the books are more enjoyable for Benjamin because they require less attention and have more pictures than words. So Benjamin helps me find books that we both can enjoy.
Benjamin can recognize most of is letters and numbers by sight now and he has started asking what different combinations of letters or numbers mean. The next step is to teach him writing when he is ready for that. I find myself wondering what he will want to learn next and find that if I let him come to me with something new he is more willing and ready than we I try to make him learn it when I think he is ready.
The foot fetish continues. He loves bare, female feet. I don't know where it came from or how to cure it, but he loves to play with female feet. When I am sitting in the family room with my feet up he often asks me if he can play with, touch, tickle, or head butt my feet. My feet are so sensitive that I do not understand how other people stand to have their feet touched, or why Benjamin loves feet so much.
Benjamin is our little superhero. He loves pretending to be Batman or Spiderman and saving us from the bad guys. Lately, he has also started loving to pretend that he is Kung Fu Panda and practices his karate moves and getting the 'scary leopard.'
He also continues to be Mommy's helper. He is good at cleaning up and helping Mom cook. He loves to help load the groceries in the car and sort the laundry. He has been a lifesaver over the last several weeks in helping Mom do the things she finds difficult or impossible to do by herself.
Boys and girls are so different and so special. We love having one of each bless our home. Benjamin is a delightful child that helps me view the world from a different perspective that I find very enlightening.

No comments:
Post a Comment